Saturday 6 January 2024

Update to UK propagation charts


I'll freely admit that my UK propagation charts had been a bit neglected over the past year. But not any more!

I've now updated them until the end of 2024 with new predicted smoothed sunspot numbers.

I've also fixed a problem with the Kp graphs. They now appear, along with solar X-ray and proton flux graphs. This was because the US Space Weather Prediction Center had stopped the production of the previous Kp chart.

I still recommend both Proppy and VOACAP.com if you want detailed HF forecasts, or if you want to do long-path predictions. But for casual use my charts are fine, and produced using VOACAP.

Leave a comment if you find them useful (or not!).

Incidentally, the SSN charts I used show that the expected solar maximum is the middle of this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment